A whole-school approach to mental health and wellbeing aims to contribute to:
- Improving student mental health and wellbeing
- Reducing mental health difficulties among students
- Increasing support for students experiencing mental health difficulties
At St Anthony’s we:
- Promote mental health and wellbeing
- Encourage respectful relationships, belonging and inclusion
- Foster effective social and emotional learning curriculum for all student
- Provide opportunities for students to practise and transfer their social and emotional skills
- Have collaborative working relationships with parents and carers
- Support parenting
Student Welfare Programs
Our Student Welfare Facilitator assists all year levels through a range of programs including:
“Solving the Jigsaw”, which is a violence prevention and well-being program that provides a whole school approach to counter violence and bullying.
“The Zones of Regulation” is a framework used to foster self- regulation and emotional control. This is a systematic, cognitive behavioural approach which teaches self-regulation by categorizing emotions and states of alertness into four coloured zones. The Zones framework provides strategies to teach students awareness of and independence in controlling emotions and impulses, management of their sensory needs and improve their ability to problem solve.