About Us - Catholic Education
Catholic Education is a Ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton, from which it derives its purpose and meaning.
Catholic Education plays an essential role in the Church's mission, to live the challenge of the Gospel and to be welcoming and inclusive of all.
Inspired by the person and teaching of Jesus Christ, we serve the communities of the Diocese of Rockhampton, by providing:
- life-long faith education
- religious education
- relevant, holistic, quality education to assist all in their search for meaning for life.
The Defining Features of Catholic Schools in the 21st Century
The defining features communicate clearly what we believe is at the heart of Catholic education and give direction and guidance to those whose daily interactions with others bring to life the vision of an authentic Catholic school as living out the Gospel message:
- Give witness to the message of Jesus and the mission of the Church
- Have a clear Catholic identity
- Be communities of care
- Offer a relevant and holistic curriculum of quality teaching and learning
- Be open and accessible to all who seek their values
- Be characterized by inclusive partnerships within a community of faith
Catholic schools have a special and vital role in the Church's education; through providing a learning environment that is spiritually nurturing, intellectually challenging and emotionally caring.
Catholic school communities will continue to provide support to lifelong learners so that they will be able and willing to envision and contribute to the creation of a just, equitable and compassionate world.