Enrolments - Prep Enrolment
The Prep program is offered at St Anthony’s. It is the first year of schooling. The Prep curriculum provides the foundation for children’s success at school.
The Prep program at St Anthony's fosters spiritual and social development integrated into a curriculum which is inquiry and play-based. The Prep year enhances the growth and development of the whole child – spiritually, intellectually, physically, culturally, socially and emotionally and involves integration into the school community and the development of close partnerships with parents and care givers.
To be eligible to enrol in Prep your child must turn 5 by 30 June in the year of attending prep.
Enrolment in the prep year follows the same process as for the primary school classes. See Application Form.
There are exceptions to the age provisions which are described below: Early entry to Prep can be granted under these conditions:
- If a child turns 5 years by 31 July in the year of proposed attendance and
- The principal is satisfied the child is ready for education in Prep, having regard to their attributes (including ability, aptitude, social and emotional competence, physical development, and level of knowledge and understanding).
· The principal may also enrol a child in Prep who is younger than the prescribed age if
- the child has previously started education that is equivalent to Prep in another state or country and
- is considered ready for education in Prep, having regard to their attributes (including ability, aptitude, social and emotional competence, physical development, and level of knowledge and understanding).
A program is considered to be equivalent to Prep if it is full-time, school based, and has a defined curriculum delivered in the year prior to Year 1.
There are no exceptions to these requirements.
Not all children who turn 5 years of age in July will be eligible for early entry to Prep. The child must also be considered by the principal to be ready for prep education.