We believe at St Anthony’s that a culture of wellbeing cannot be fostered in an environment where violence and bullying is ignored or condoned. We want to create a caring and nurturing school by creating a safe environment for children and young people.
A Whole School Approach
- All staff share responsibility
- All staff understand the dynamics of violence and bullying - power, control, silence, fear, hurt and intimidation
- Staff have agreed definitions of violence and bullying
- Staff respond to violence/bullying from a position of support, care and nurture
- Children are supported to break the silence about violence, bullying and abuse.
- Children are supported to change their behaviour
- At our school violence/bullying is not tolerated
- Students, parents and staff are informed about policy, language and tools